Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life Returning to Normal


This week I had a followup with Dr. Birgfeld at Harborview in Seattle. Recovery seems on track and I got the okay to resume some of my normal activities. So Thursday I flew to San Francisco for some professional meetings held Friday and then returned home late Friday night. Flights did not seem to bother my crushed sinus, for which I am grateful, but I was more fatigued than usual by the travel, but Dr. Birgfeld said that was to be expected.

After relaxing (recovering) Saturday, we all went up last night to see Brian participate in the Rail Jam at Mission Ridge ski resort. They had made a HUGE quarter pipe that was fun to see him and others do aerial tricks. Other obstacles to bump, leap, flip over, etc were set up as well. I did notice that the hardware in my face and/or lack of circulation resulted in my cheek feeling quite cold (but on a positive note, I could tell that it felt cold!) so I had to go inside periodically to get the cheek feeling more normal.

I'll attach a photo from this morning before church. I don't think I'm going to scare any children there today with my looks. Okay, no more than are usually scared after looking at me!

I am very grateful for the rapidity of my recovery. I feel greatly blessed by the faith and prayers of many. I credit the care and skill of the surgeons who worked on me. Some I meet comment that they can't even tell I've had an accident looking at me. Motor function to the lip is returning and sensation is improving still. I can close my left eye without hard exertion today for the first time. Nice to be able to relax my eyes and right and left eyelids close.


No comments:

Post a Comment