Friday, March 11, 2011

A Day Out With Tom

Tom (brother) and I went fishing yesterday morning for steelhead on the Methow River. It was my first recreational day out since the accident. Fisherman sometimes refer to steelhead as "metalheads" so I had to tell Tom that even though I have titanium throughout my head, if he snagged me with his backcast it didn't count as catching a "metalhead". I didn't manage to land any fish and Tom just landed whitefish and tried to fight a steelhead with a broken reel, but it was a pleasant morning in the snow and my face didn't hurt!

Nose is continuing to regain some sensation. One night (very early morning) this week the nerves inside the nose decided it was time to reconnect and awaken me in the process. Next morning I could actually feel some air passing through my nose.

It is still quite tiring for my eyes by the end of the day, but I am very grateful to be able to be back at work with the great people with whom I work. My friend, Dr. Pierce, removed the last of the stitches from inside my mouth. I think I'm still happy that my mouth is numb. =-) Gradual continued progress is what I can hope for and am pleased to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment